Front-End WordPress Developer Job Description
Working with Us
Are you looking for a work-from-home contract with flexible hours? Would you enjoy working with a small but dedicated team of web design and development professionals?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Front-End WordPress Developer. The primary focus of this role is to convert design files into perfectly crafted WordPress websites. Other tasks include:
- monthly website maintenance (using iSync) for a small number of my clients
- migrating sites to different hosts
Most work is planned well in advance. I may sometimes make last-minute requests, and appreciate -- but don't expect -- that you can always take them on.
I always provide clear written or video instructions for all tasks.
I'm always happy to answer any questions you have as you're working.
I pay your invoices promptly.
I respect you and appreciate your skills.
- Ability to convert design (from Photoshop and/or Illustrator) into live WordPress pages
- Ability to use a variety of common theme builders (primarily BeaverBuilder and Cornerstone for X)
- Strong knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Responsive design skills
- Ability to prepare images for the web
- Familiarity with iSync and BackupBuddy, or willingness to learn
- Use of LastPass (free) to receive shared login information
- Positive attitude (a must!)
- Attention to detail, high standards, and commitment to checking your work (super-important! I will, of course, pay for your time to check your work)
Compensation and Time Commitment
I currently require around 10 hours a month of help. I'm growing, and expect to need more hours as time goes on.
I prefer to keep the hours flexible, rather than being on a fixed retainer. Other than the monthly maintenance, work tends to be project-based.
Your hourly fee will be commensurate with your experience. I pay reasonable industry rates, and I'm looking for the right person, not the "cheapest deal."
Are You Interested?
If this job is of interest, then please send me an email with subject heading "WordPress Front-End Developer Position" that includes the following:
- a link to your website, LinkedIn page, or other place where I can learn more about you
- a brief description of your skills and background
- a brief description of why you think you're a good fit for this position
- your desired hourly rate
- any questions you have for me!
If you seem like a good fit, I'll set up a Skype chat with you so we can meet for an informal (mutual 🙂 ) interview.
If our chat goes well, I'll ask you for three references, and to complete a small task for me (I will pay you for your time working on the task).